Supporting your child with school work at home can often be a challenge. We try to ensure that any work that is required at home is limited as we have listened to parent voice and see this as a significant stress point for our children. If you require support with this, then please speak to us at school. However, some quick tips on helping with exam revision are below:
- Take an interest in your child’s schoolwork and give them plenty of encouragement and praise.
- Support your child in taking responsibility for organising and doing their own revision.
- Try to create a quiet space at home where your child can work without being disturbed.
- Help your child get as much access as possible to information through either your local library and/or, if you have a computer at home, the internet.
- Help your child create a routine that works for them.
- Ask school for support with a home study plan to help your child manage their revision.
- If your child is taking an important exam or test, make sure they realise that you’ll still love and value them if they fail.
- Make sure your child tries to relax and gets plenty of sleep!